PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Follow department standards, processes, and style guide for creating, publishing,
and maintaining technical content in MadCap Flare, TechSmith Camtasia, and Articulate eLearning software applications.
This includes the development of images and animations from 3D models and shooting and editing video content.
Works independently and with multiple disciplines throughout the site including Division Maintenance staff and
Factory staff to gain both technical information and an understanding of the audience.
May require travel to the site factories to observe work, validate content, or shoot video.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication preferred or equivalent Industry or Military Experience
Experience: Two or more years of experience developing assembly and disassembly, installation, operation,
and maintenance information (procedures including text, graphics, and video) for mechanical/electrical equipment.
• Must have a team-player mindset
• Able to use interpersonal skills, passion, and team-player mindset to build rapport with stakeholders and SMEs
• Must possess a positive attitude and motivation
• Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, with excellent organization and time-management skills
Technical Communication Skills:
• Strong command of grammar and punctuation; capable of creating concise, clear written instructions
• Inclined to read and follow client processes, standards, and style guides for technical publications and training
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience creating aesthetically-pleasing, clear, and technically accurate images
• Must have technical aptitude to understand basic equipment functionality from a mechanical perspective
• Must possess sense of inquiry to ask questions and perform further research, ultimately understanding the audience,
what the audience needs to accomplish, and how an information product will help ensure their success—that is,
performing tasks in a safe, efficient, and effective manner
Computer Software and Video Skills:
• Must have experience with publishing software, preferably MadCap Flare
• Must have experience with graphics software, preferably Autodesk Inventor Presentation, MadCap Capture, SnagIt, and PowerPoint
• Experience with Articulate eLearning software applications preferred
• Experience shooting and editing video, preferably using TechSmith Camtasia
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify