The Technical Writer will work independently and as part of a team to author a set of airplane technical manuals (AFM, AMM, CMM, IPC, WDM, SRM) from engineering, manufacturing, flight, and supplier data. The writer shall be able to research within Engineering drawing structure to find all necessary supporting documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Research technical information to develop technical documents.
2. Ability to develop airplane illustrated parts catalog from engineering drawings, blueprints, manufacturing, flight, bills of material, and supplier data; using the industry system of indenture.
3. Work independently and as part of a team to help revise a set of airplane technical manuals (AFM, AMM, CMM, WDM, SRM) from engineering, manufacturing, flight, and supplier data.
4. Ability to create line art to illustrate aircraft parts and assemblies for use in aircraft technical manuals, parts catalogs and other related publications.
5. Able to develop isometric technical illustrations from scratch using basic technical illustration principles.
6. Experienced in interpreting blueprints, detailed engineering specifications, and schematics (electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic).
7. Exhibit strong attention to detail and be an excellent communicator, verbally and through graphic visualizations
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Aviation technical writing experience required.
- Knowledge of technical publication’s regulatory requirements and Industry Writing Specifications (ATA , GAMA, DITA and S1000D).
- Experience authoring documentation in structured Adobe Framemaker (SGML, XML) and Cortona3D/Xmetal RapidAuthor (ATA task numbering; typical DTDs/schema, elements and attributes) or other .xml authoring software.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Experience using CAD/CATIA/3D illustrations.
- Experience with Teamcenter PLM system.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and technical documentation, including illustrated parts catalogs, airplane maintenance manuals, operator manuals, and installation instructions
- Past aviation maintenance or assembly work
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and personal organization
- A fundamental understanding of FARs as they apply to aircraft operations, maintenance and design certification.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Self-starter and able to make sound writing decisions with minimum assistance from supervision.
Incumbents will effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Incumbents may be routinely asked to look at airplane areas using ladders and lift equipment. Also may have to view airplane areas in cramped, enclosed environment.
- Incumbents may be required to sit and work at a desktop computer for long stretches of time.
- Incumbents will work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Incumbents will read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Incumbents will comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify