PDS Tech is seeking a Mechanical Engineer - Completions Entry into Service for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Works on engineering projects containing critical problems, the solution of which requires major technological advances and extensive related development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Responsible for an entire engineering project of major complexity within established scope 2. Makes technical decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have an important impact on extensive engineering activities 3. Applies advanced technical principles, theories and concepts based on broad expertise or unique specialized knowledge 4. Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas 5. Acts independently to determine improved methods and/or procedures to optimize technical product, cost and schedule requirements 6. Works under consultative direction; uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives 7. Develops standards and guides for diverse engineering activities 8. Conceives and plans investigation of broad areas of importance for which engineering precedents are lacking in areas critical to the program Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Requirements: 1. Advanced degree in engineering or related curriculum preferred
The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Thirteen (13) yrs specific technical discipline or fifteen (15) yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters and 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
- Design Engineer/Mechanical Engineering or dual discipline Electro/Mechanical for Aircraft Cabin Interiors in Completions Entry Into Service (EIS) team. Design responsibilities primarily involve creating engineering design solutions to issues found in fleet. These solutions will be incorporated in fleet and into new aircraft builds.
Examples of design experience should include several of the following commodities: galleys, lavatories, closets, storage compartments, interior peripheries, water/waste systems, oxygen systems, electrical wire routing, lighting, PSU, cabin liners, ledges/dados, and entertainment equipment installations.
- Design engineer will design installations for commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation.
- Ability to validate designs for form/fit/function to meet design criteria through laboratory testing.
- Experience preparing and executing test plans.
- Comprehensive and proficient researching and analyzing technical data to ensure designs are accurate.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft requirements and some familiarity with Part 135 requirements.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam.
- Design Engineer will be required to liaison multiple departments to ensure work is coordinated appropriately.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify