PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Test Engineer in Clearwater, FL
General Skills / Responsibilities:
• Ability to perform destructive physical analysis (DPA) in accordance with military specifications.
• Ability to review and approve DPA reports.
• Ability to determine appropriate documentation and tests for leak checks.
• Ability to manage incoming lab work, especially for DPA and leak testing, but also printed board coupon microsections, x-ray radiography, etc., including for external lab services.
• Familiarity with military specifications for DPA and other tests for electronic components.
• Familiarity with the use of curve tracers, oscilloscopes, function generators, LCZ bridges, and general purpose test equipment.
• Experience with performing both macro and micro photography.
• Ability to develop skills to maintain, support, and utilize specialized lab equipment and systems.
• Ability to perform electrical testing on all submitted components and assemblies to the extent a reported failure is verified.
• Ability to perform physical failure analysis on all components and assemblies to isolate and identify a failure.
• Ability to determine failure root cause and appropriate corrective actions, and implement those actions.
• Ability to assess component level failure mechanisms against system level failure signatures.
• Ability to apply six sigma tools in the failure analysis process including development and implementation of design of experiments (DOE's).
• Ability to provide program/customer/laboratory interface and communications to assure full integration of the labs in the program level failure investigation process.
• Ability to provide technical expertise to assist programs with part problem decisions and in establishing corrective action.
• Ability to develop component failure analysis process and methodology enhancements to expand overall lab capability in performing failure analyses.
• Ability to perform trade studies to evaluate reliability/failure characteristics of components and assemblies.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar, from an accredited college or university.
• US citizenship is required, no dual citizenship, due to contractual requirements.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with destructive physical analysis in accordance with military specifications.
• Strong focus on task completion and exceeding expectations.
• Strong focus on problem solving.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Strong communication skills to enable interface with programs and their customers.
• Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and with respect to generating reports, charts, graphs, etc.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to quickly assimilate new concepts and information.
• Ability to multi-task work assignments.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal work direction.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify