PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer - Sr 1, in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Sr. Electrical Engineer
• Design hardware to meet rigorous military requirements for environment, functionality, price, and Size Weight Power (SWaP).
• Test and verify HW designs (Qualification/Verification) that meet documented hardware and systems requirements
• Plan, execute, and manage projects both technically and financially
• Perform autonomously under the direction of technical and program management as well as engineering management
• Provide insight to program leadership on implications of hardware changes to the system
• Create and present task status and technical solutions to team members, engineering leadership, and customers
• Develop hardware requirements based on product, system level, and customer requirements
• Provide/Participate in bids or estimates of project work to leverage technology portfolios, cost, and schedule
• Create and execute test procedures to support the qualification of products to government standards
• Project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
• Adherence to and support of the clients Aerospace process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
• Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to drive teams to success
• Read and understand metrics to predict execution issues
• Work with their team and other team leads to resolve complex issues
• Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline is required
• PWB/PCB electrical design including stack-up analysis and routing rules
• Timing analysis and signal integrity analysis tools (Mentor Hyperlynx preferred)
• Familiarity with EMI and Signal Integrity design techniques and analysis
• Knowledge of earned value management techniques and philosophy
• Required Soft Skills:
• Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules.
• Self-starter with strong analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment.
A successful candidate may possess the following:
• Working knowledge of bidding and project/task estimation (SEER knowledge helpful)
• Capable of leading investigations for open ended complex problems
• Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems.
• Background and/or knowledge in data links, networking, and interface definition
• Domain expertise in integration of COTS and Custom design hardware, firmware, and software
• Embedded SW experience, esp around microcontrollers and debugging, etc.
• Experienced with microelectronics circuit analysis and design
• Background in high speed design: DDR4, LPDDR, HBM, 28GBPS SERDES
• Familiarity with low voltage high current POLR (Point of Load Regulator) design
• FPGA (pref. Xilinx) experience a major plus
• Experience in testing, validation, or qualification of hardware - includes performance and environmental testing
• Domain expertise in ruggedized electronics design for MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F requirements
• Factory transition planning and support
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify