The Senior Accountant prepares/reviews reconciliations, general ledger entries, and other financial reporting information and is instrumental in completion of the month end close process. The Senior Accountant performs research and various analysis, interpreting data to answer financial questions. Candidate should be well versed with US GAAP, overall GL accounting and should have good excel knowledge. A Senior Accountant analyses complex financial reports and records, making recommendations relative to accounting reserves, assets and expenditures. The candidate will review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting records. May function as a liaison with the Business, participate in accounting projects and/or provide work direction to less experienced accounting staff.
• Reconcile and adjust various general ledger accounts and bank statements for reporting purposes.
• Understand journal entries mechanically and conceptually that get recorded into the general ledger, account analysis, reporting of risk and opportunities.
• Participate in the monthly close process, including review of balance sheet and contract related journal entries, accruals, and other expenses.
• Coordinate accounting matters with other departments or divisions.
• Maintain internal control and safeguards over the recording and processing of financial records
• Perform monthly and year-end financial close including reconciling all bank and balance sheet accounts, processing accruals and journal entries, preparing and reviewing the trial balance, and producing financial reports
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 6 years’ work experience
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• SAP experience a plus
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• 3 years’ work experience in a large public company
• Detail-oriented, results driven, and able to multi-task based on highest priority
• Excellent attention to detail and desire to accurately report financial results
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end and year-end close processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify