PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Administrative Assistant III, in Nashville, TN.
The Administrative Assistant III provides high level administrative support to include complex and confidential functions on behalf of a department head or large department, to complete assigned tasks and projects of a complex nature. Assigned administrative programs and projects. May supervise or give work direction to lower level clerical personnel.
Job Duties - Some examples of the job duties may include:
• The ideal candidate for the Administrative Assistant III position may greet visitors, answer requests, answer phones, screen/route callers, take messages, and assist in resolving routine problems and inquiries pertaining to departmental policies / procedures.
• May supervise or give work direction to lower level clerical personnel.
• May be responsible for scheduling appointments and engagements on behalf of the department, without prior clearance.
• May make arrangements and coordinate all details for meetings, conferences and special events including catering requests, presentation materials and equipment.
• May plan and coordinate meeting arrangements including travel and lodging and process expense reports.
• May be responsible for interpreting administrative decisions and policies to complete assigned tasks and projects of a complex nature.
• May review, prioritize and determine actions for all incoming correspondence and mail.
• May order office supplies and equipment; organize and maintain department filing systems and other records.
• May assist with creating, maintaining and collecting data for reports, charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases.
• May assist with monitoring and approving departmental expenditures, department budget and account records.
• May make requests for office equipment repairs and work closely with facilities to ensure that equipment, materials and office space are used effectively.
• May compose documents; maintain relevant databases; update departmental websites and related records.
• May be exposed to confidential information and handle confidential matters.
• May research, analyze and summarize data for reports independently and assist with large project coordination.
• May maintain calendars for management.
• High School Education or equivalent of three years or more of administrative support and understanding of general office procedure experience required.
• Excellent listening, oral, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment within understood policies and procedures preferred.
• Experience with standard report generation; office administrative practices and procedures required.
• Intermediate skill level or better and knowledge with using computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation including: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and internet search software relevant to the position required.
• Familiarity with using pivot tables and advanced formulas when working with spreadsheet and reports preferred.
• Good attention to detail skills and the ability to multitask preferred.
• Good organizational, problem solving and time management skills a plus and preferred.
• Must be able to work in a seated position for the duration of the workday preferred.
• Must perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, computer keyboarding, filing, and calculating preferred.
• Sufficient ability to communicate through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions preferred.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify