PDS Tech is seeking an Flight Test Spec I - Flight Test Engineer for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Assists with the planning, coordination, test execution, and liaison to engineering supporting the development and production of aircraft products and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform core roles and responsibilities with some oversight and direction applicable to the complexity of the testing
2. Support testing to including stability & control, flying qualities/characteristics, stall demonstration, performance, powerplant, mechanical systems, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, avionics, cooling/ventilation, icing, and cold/hot weather
3. Work with engineering and test pilots to define test points that are conducted on test aircraft
4. Definition of Instrumentation requirements and communication with instrumentation engineering group to support installation on aircraft to support test requirements
5. Definition of the aircraft configuration to support the on aircraft test
6. Tracks test points and updates pass/fail/repeat status
7. Supports on aircraft ground/flight testing as required.
8. Provides the judgment on acceptable test data during or post flight
9. Processing of data following a test flight to document test results
10. Development of flight test reports to show compliance with test requirements
11. Detailed test planning including mission plan, creating flight cards, configuration verification, and compiling appropriate restrictions and safety/hazard assessments
12. Prepare material and present for Test Readiness Review (TRR) to gain approval from stakeholders that system under test is ready to being ground/flight testing activities
13. Perform safety analysis and prepare material as required. for Safety Review Boards (SRB) to support test missions
14. Conducts flight test brief with flight ops and engineering
15. Provides the on airplane direction of test sequence and execution, relying on FT Analyst for acceptability of collected data with exceptions where this authority is delegated
16. Generates and transmits post flight test summary
17. Conducts debrief of test mission with test crew and engineering
1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
2. Actively works to improve daily processes and ensure all work meets customer (internal/external) requirements
3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 years Flight Test engineering experience or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job. Flight Test Engineer Certification may offset one year of experience requirement.
- Experience developing flight test plans for fixed wing onboard execution on an experimental aircraft in the areas of performance, aerodynamics, powerplant, mechanical systems, or electronic systems
- Experience executing test procedures onboard experimental fixed wing test aircraft
- Experience performing analysis of post flight data to determine pass/fail
1. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify