PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Instrumentation Engineer, in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple programs on technical and schedule issues with respect to aircraft instrumentation.
The candidate will be responsible for the design, installation, and operational support activities for data acquisition. This includes designing instrumentation systems, releasing engineering documents, work instructions, supporting airworthiness documentation, monitoring fabrication activities, and supporting aircraft checkout and flight operations. The applicant will be the engineering liaison for flight test and instrumentation modification activities.
The candidate should be familiar with integrating various sensors into a data acquisition system. The position will be responsible for ensuring recorded data is correct.
This position may require travel and odd, weekend or overtime shift work on an as-necessary basis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics or Computer Engineering or related discipline.
• Experience developing instrumentation systems and sensor integration methods used on multiple aircraft
• Experience developing data acquisition systems for air vehicles
• Must be a US Citizen. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this particular position, an active Secret security clearance.
Experience with the following:
• Microsoft Office
• Electronics and electronics troubleshooting techniques and tools, including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and/or other common lab test equipment
• Using various CAD programs such as Catia, Autocad, etc.
• Using general test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
• Understanding of IRIG 106
• Avionics bus protocols including Mil-Std-1553, ARINC-429, IEEE 1394, Ethernet and Fiber Channel
• GPS and IRIG time standards
• Video protocols and compression
The applicant must have excellent organizational and communications skills
• Applicant should have knowledge of Systems Engineering practices and concepts
• Experience with or knowledge of calibration methods for test and evaluation of both mechanical measurements and electronic sensors
• Skilled in the conversion of digital data sets to engineering units and interpretation of data for validity and error determination
• Familiarity with military aircraft technical data, maintenance practices, flight operations, military stores and munitions is a plus
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify