PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Software Engineer in Seattle, WA. Summary:
Phantom Works creates the next generation products and services for the Defense, Space & Security business. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the next-generation technologies in space. Phantom Works focuses on rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
We are seeking Software Engineers with experience in satellites. These positions will be responsible for development, integration and validation of services and infrastructure that enable applications to interface between each other, to hardware and to external sub-systems. These engineers are responsible for working closely with application developers and systems engineering to design solutions that meet requirements.
These engineers will work with the lead software engineer to evaluate software reuse opportunities, understand architectural considerations and identify new development required. These engineers work closely through integration and validation to resolve issues through software delivery and on-orbit testing.
We have openings for the following:
- Developing guidance, navigation and control software from algorithms described in Matlab, Simulink or written documentation, closely working with subject matter experts. Integrating code into existing architecture and validating algorithm effectiveness. (Please document your familiarity with Matlab and Simulink on your resume.)
- Device driver development
- Middleware development
This position will report to the Resilient Space Technologies group in Tukwila, WA and partner closely with the Space and Launch division located in El Segundo, California.This position requires at least an active TOP Secret Clearance
Please contact Bryan Bui at 206-763-2840 or email email@example.com with any inquires
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Engineering is required.
- Must possess a current (within the last 5 years) final Top Secret clearance. Boeing Security will validate clearance level.
- 5+ years of experience with a range of programming languages, including interpreted (such as Python) to compiled (such as C/C++) to assembly language
- 5+ years of experience with Real Time Operating Systems, such as Integrity, Real-Time Linux or vxWorks
- Knowledge of low-level programming with real-time constraints
- Knowledge of computer hardware architectures and the extent to which they influence low-level software
A successful candidate must be willing to stretch beyond their experience base and to take risks to achieve objectives. This position is best suited to individuals who are self starters, highly motivated, work well in fast paced multi-discipline team environments, and are able to work with quick decisions for the best interest of the business. This person should have experience in process development and qualification, physical and functional integration and installation design and resolving supplier technical issues.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree with 5 or more years' experience, or a Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience, or a PhD with experience is desired.
- Experience (highly desired) with agile development processes and methods
- Experience in development, build and test of small and medium-sized spacecraft
- Experience in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment
- Prior history working proprietary programs with a variety of Government entities in a classified environment
- Experience developing middleware software
- SCI highly desired
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify