PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Electronics Technician - Sr 2, in Melbourne, FL.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of highly technical, moderately complex tasks which require a substantial understanding of all technical objectives.
• Performs as member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills.
• Actively participates in team decision making.
• Utilizes normal and complex test or diagnostic equipment.
• Uses software tools for data analysis and reporting.
• Understands technical resources available to assist in performance of duties.
• Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect and analyze design data or otherwise assist in general research and development work.
• Works from limited documentation, schematics, diagrams, notes, prints and layouts.
• Applies electronic theory to configure, model, layout, build, test, troubleshoot, determine solutions and modify electronic product for engineering efforts applicable to the department or program charter.
• Analysis - Demonstrates the ability to provide a general analysis of a problem or situation.
• Cooperation - Recognizes that individual goals contribute toward accomplishing team outcomes.
• Customer Service Orientation - Generally applies fundamental service techniques and adheres to proper customer procedures when interacting with customers.
• Dependability - Demonstrates the ability to follow through with work assignments and support management's policies and procedures.
• Follow-up - Demonstrates the expected level of follow through with internal or external customers.
• Listening - Exhibits good listening skills and identifies verbal and non-verbal situations fairly well.
• Relationships - Displays a compassionate attitude toward the needs of others.
• Time Management - Maintains a daily to-do list which helps to prioritize schedule.
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and experience:
• Some rudimentary experience in Transponder systems.
• Basic RF knowledge
• Basic digital circuit knowledge
• Proficiency in the use of spectrum analyzers, multi-meters and oscilloscopes, network analyzers, signal generators, frequency counters, power measurement equipment, and special avionics test equipment to support testing
• Will perform/monitor tests and work with engineers
• Must be proficient in the use of MS Office products to include Word and Excel in order to document & analyze electronic/mechanical testing procedures and results.
• Must be able to utilize automated test software
• Must be able to follow detailed procedures but also work with limited direction when necessary.
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to multitask and set priorities as necessary.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter and exhibit excellent attention to detail.
• Experience reviewing and revising technical procedures.
• Experience troubleshooting electronic assemblies to the component level
• Minimum education requirement is HS Diploma/Equivalent plus at lest 2 years of experience
• US Citizen.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify