PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer - Sr 1, in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Sr. Electrical Engineer to support aerospace electronic product development
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to design and support complex ruggedized hardware for fixed-wing and rotary-wing environments. Recently, this team completed development of a video graphics system, a video processing computer that provides 3-D video processing of aerial refueling operations, a tactical situational awareness system, and a ruggedized computing platform that provides pilots with real time situational awareness for the Next Generation Tanker. Additional products developed by this team include integrated processing cabinets, control display units, control panels, next generation processors and data transfer units that are used on multiple military platforms. There are also opportunities to develop digital logic for complex FPGA and SoC applications, perform testing in on site EEE facilities, and support transition of products into production. The selected candidate will work closely with Systems, Software, Mechanical Engineers, Environmental Effects Engineering, Manufacturing/Operations and Design to Cost support staff to assure defined requirements are consistently met in all phases of a product’s lifecycle.Support activities include:
- Production support of complex avionics hardware including aircraft displays and mission computers.
- Development of test support equipment for integration and formal qualification (EMI/ENV) of complex avionics hardware including aircraft displays and mission computers.
- Obsolescence management of complex circuit card designs include multiple memory technologies, data interfaces, and mixed analog/digital designs.
- Development and test of high speed digital circuit board designs (processors, I/O, backplane, graphics) requiring the application of electrical engineering principles and techniques.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills required. Also requires knowledge of hardware design processes, signal integrity analysis, manufacturability, testability, and thermal control.
- The ability to obtain a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (US Citizenship required).
- 4 year degree in an applicable STEM field is required
- Direct industry experience and knowledge of MIL-STDs (461, 810, etc) and DO-160,
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify