PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Sr. Electrical/Avionics Engineer, in Grand Prairie, TX.Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clyde at (813) 463-2513 for more information
Design, modify and integrate custom avionics and electrical packages for new aircraft and/or retrofit. Create engineering drawings and reports, interface with pertinent stakeholders in certification, production and flight test, support fleet sustainment activities and support STC projects.
Detail design: 50%
- Design wiring diagrams, harness drawings and system architecture
- Review and facilitate engineering package release
- Can lead groups of engineers to complete projects along with representing the group at management meetings
- Works independently with minimal supervision from Engineering Management
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting company objectives
Project Coordination 20%
- Select avionics equipment, wiring and supporting electrical infrastructure
- Produce avionics specification documentation for individual projects
Engineering Support 20%
- Support Marketing, Field Service, Flight Test and FAA Certification organizations as needed
- Act as liaison to manufacturing and production efforts as needed
- Support installation, functional and operational tests, and ground and flight tests
- Creates electrical load analysis and environmental qualification reports in support of initial layout and design concept
- Performs Functional Hazard Analysis and Systems Safety Analysis as required.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
Send resume to email@example.com or call Clyde at (813) 463-2513 for more information
Required: Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent applicable work experience.
Preferred: Master's Degree from an accredited college/university in engineering
- Minimum of six (6) years of directly applicable engineering experience in an aviation/aerospace manufacturing or completions environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
Knowledge of aviation/aerospace electrical/avionics design requirements, aviation/aerospace industry standards and the Federal Aviation Regulations. Direct experience with rotorcraft is preferred.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written).
- Conversational French and/or German is a plus
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Minimum 8000hrs AutoCad , familiarity with CATIA V5 and SAP programs preferred
- 5% Domestic and International
- US Person under ITAR definition (U.S. Citizen, green card holder or person covered under our existing ITAR license)
Decision Making, Complexity:
Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with company objective.
A typical project may involve researching compatibilities among equipment, such as a video router for a customer chosen Camera system, monitors, a DVR, a Mapping System and a wireless video downlink.
The engineer will be involved with the on-aircraft integration and troubleshooting, as well as addressing installation constraints such as: limited space, connector compatibility and signal shielding requirements. Most importantly, the ability to adapt to shifting technical challenges, being able to communicate with technicians, managers, and the various stakeholders in a project, is key to the success of the team.
Must be able to assist less experienced engineers through training, design assistance, application of the proper methods, and technical assistance in developing the appropriate electrical/avionics substantiations, and to help develop the decision making ability.
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
Position will be responsible for producing high quality drawings that accurately describe how to integrate various systems and avionics. Success will be measured on first pass yield, innovation, success of integration integrity and compliance to customer requirements/expectations.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved Communication on a regular Basis with internal parties only
- Onsite: 95%
- Vision: Daily able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports and engineering drawings.
- Hearing: Daily able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms
- Speaking: Daily able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): Daily able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment and infrequently able to use/operate some tools including production tools such as hydraulic lifts.
- Carrying: Daily able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs.
- Lifting: Daily able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs.
- Pushing / Pulling: As necessary able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools.
- Sitting: Daily able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer.
- Squatting / Kneeling: Frequently able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving.
- Standing: Frequently able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor.
- Travel: Infrequently able to travel independently and at short notice.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): Daily able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by site and/or customer site
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify