PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Packaging Engineer II in Anniston, AL.
•Develop and perform Packaging Engineering analyses and documentation in compliance with customer requirements to ensure packaging, handling, storage, and transportability (PHS&T) principles are integrated into the design of complex vehicle systems to improve supportability over the product life cycle.
•Provides engineering and process support to the spares packaging department in the form of packaging work instructions, floor support and technical guidance. Provides packaging support in production (PSIP) of complex vehicle systems, through maintaining close coordination and communication with manufacturing, materials handling, and supply chain.
•Develop and provide oversight of process improvement projects including design/development of transport fixtures, shop aides, and handling devices to improve efficiency and ergonomics.
•Provides Packaging Engineering support to other Combat Vehicles facilities as required.
Skills/Experience/Education Required :
•Perform Packaging Engineering analyses and/or documentation development in compliance with customer requirements and applicable military or commercial standards and specifications.
• Support the spares packaging department efforts of production programs through floor support, written work instructions and tracking of project completion status.
• Perform moderately complex and applied engineering analyses, adapting and modifying standard techniques and procedures as needed, in support of engineering data development, PSIP, and spares packaging activities; may conceptualize, design, and invent as required.
• Develops, writes, and reviews proposals including proposal management as required for packaging engineering and manufacturing packaging efforts.
• Assists and provides technical guidance to packaging operators or other technical personnel; may assign tasks and manage technical activities or corrective actions for assigned projects.
• Reviews subcontractor programs for compliance with government/customer specifications relating to PHS&T requirements or support to manufacturing.
• Coordinates with senior level personnel to perform and document long-term storage and transportability analyses in support of R&D or Design Engineering activities. Applies full use and application of engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, and techniques to create, plan, and perform a variety of PHS&T analyses, solves technical problems of moderate complexity, and contributes to the development of PHS&T models.
• Develops and reviews packaging design concept for complex nonstandard military and/or industrial equipment using CAD or specialty software; develops and checks packaging engineering drawings; schedules and monitors the build of the pilot and prototype; and validates the design.
• Prepares packaging engineering data for submittal to the customer.
• Participates in packaging design reviews to ensure packaging, handling, storage, and transportability engineering concepts are customer compliant and support capability constraints. Coordinates with senior level personnel as required.
• Shares the responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
• Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge of Packaging Engineering standards, methods, and technologies.
• Complies with Company safety policies and maintains a safe work environment.
• Performs other duties as necessary and appropriate to this position.
• May acquire certification to provide technical guidance and to prepare hazardous materials for all modes of shipment.
• 2+ year’s experience
• BS degree in a relevant technical discipline; or a combination of education and experience equivalent to a BS in a technical discipline plus 2 years relevant experience in military logistics or Packaging Engineering; or a MS degree in a technical discipline.
•Packaging Engineering degree.
•Prefer Packaging Engineering experience with relevant applications in a defense, industrial, or manufacturing environment.
•Some knowledge of material sciences (corrosion/corrosion prevention) military packaging theories, operations, specifications; parametric and non-parametric analysis
•Material/Enterprise Resource Planning (MRP/ERP), logistic support activities and applicable military standards/specifications
•DOD contract interpretation and material acquisition cycle
•Industrial, electrical, and/or mechanical engineering principles and practices.
•Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures within Packaging Engineering.
•Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable to Packaging Engineering.
•Ability to solve moderately complex technical design and development problems that require a professional level of engineering knowledge.
•Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve moderately complex technical problems
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify