The Asset Emergency Response Chief is responsible for the safe, environmentally compliant and cost-efficient delivery of all Emergency Response services at the asset. These services include: 1) providing an emergency response organization to deal with routine and emergency events involving spills, hazardous material releases, medical assists, fire response and rescue situations involving industrial, vehicular and aircraft incidents and; 2) render assistance and consultation to asset operations and local, state and federal regulatory agencies in the areas of spill prevention and response, fire protection/prevention, life safety and loss control issues.
Responsibilities may include:
• Lead by example in an Incident-Free Culture
• Serve as On-Scene Commander and lead on-call emergency responders to safely mitigate incidents when risk appropriate
• Collaborate with Operations to recruit, train and organize an on-call emergency response force capable of safely and efficiently responding to all risk appropriate incidents
• Coordinate with peer Asset Emergency Response Chiefs to develop training programs that deliver external training in the most cost-effective manner possible
• Manage a fleet of emergency response equipment including watercraft, heavy equipment, trailers, fire apparatus, ambulances and ancillary equipment along with their associated operational centers to ensure operational readiness
• Coordinate with Alaska Clean Seas supervisory personnel to manage Spill and Emergency Response Tech work scope, issues, roles and responsibilities
• Coordinate with peer Asset Emergency Response Chiefs to maintain, implement and train affected personnel on the shared department policy manual to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as internal corporate, business unit and department requirements
• Maintain and implement a proactive multi-tiered fire prevention program which includes risk assessed pre-fire plans. This to include appropriate document management for associated records and plans
• Initiate investigations of all applicable Department incidents for cause determination and recommend corrective actions
• Emergency response subject matter expert and point of contact for asset operations, local, state and federal agencies, company and contractor supervision
• Actively build new and improve existing relationships with other work groups in the asset to enhance interdependency
• Allocate up to 10% of time for field verification activities
• Collaborate with the Nuiqsut community and NSB emergency services to share best practices, familiarity of both communities and mutually beneficial training
• Other duties as assigned
• Current, valid Alaska driver’s license
• Currently have or pursuing an associate degree in Fire Science/Emergency Management (or related field)
• 3 years of experience leading and motivating emergency response volunteers (Fire, Rescue, Medical, HazMat, and Spill response) while working within the Incident Command System
• Certified Firefighter II (IFSAC/Pro Board)
• Certified Fire Service Instructor I (IFSAC/Pro Board)
• Certified State of Alaska EMT III (or ability to obtain within 24 months)
• Completed NIMS Incident Command System (ICS) courses
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Working knowledge of Alaska local, state & federal laws applicable to emergency response
• Certified EMT III Instructor
• Certified Fire Service Instructor II
• Certified Fire Officer I (IFSAC/Pro Board)
• Certified Hazardous Materials Technician
• State of Alaska Licensed Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic (reciprocity Paramedic also considered)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Science or emergency management related field
• 5+ years of North Slope and/or Oil and Gas Experience
• 5+ years experience with aircraft firefighting, rescue and mass casualty incidents
• 5+ years experience with vehicle, confined space and high angle rope rescue practices
• 5+ years experience with fire prevention and inspection practices, including pre-fire planning
• Takes an active role in acquiring, developing and retaining a high-performing, highly engaged team
• Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, encourages innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility and positivity
• Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
• Understands how key financial and quantitative indicators impact business
|Category||Name||Required||Importance||Level||Last Used||Experience|| |
|Certifications||Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or equivalent||No||5|| || || || || |
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||No||5|| || || || || |
|General||Knowledge of Fire Safety||Yes||5|| || || || || |
|General||Communication Skills||No||5|| || || || || |
|General||Technical Writing||No||5|| || || || || |
|Software||IAP or equivalent||No||5|| || || || || |
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify