PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Lead Engineering Technician in Phoenix, AZ.
- Performing component-level analyses of EEE (Electronic, Electric and Electromechanical) specimens, primarily Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA). Specific operations may include – but are not limited to – electrical measurements (resistance, capacitance, etc.); performing dimensional measurements; Integrated Circuit (IC) de-processing; screening for prohibited materials; operation of multi-meters, X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) spectrometers, hermeticity testers, and performing wet lab activities (i.e., component de-capsulation, object mounting & cross sectioning).
Inspection and testing related to electrical components, verify physical and chemical properties of production and engineering materials; may require handling chemicals and operating potentially hazardous mechanical processes/equipment (i.e., band saw).
Interpreting and following military, industry and internal standards & specifications (MIL-STD-1580, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-750, MIL-STD-202).
YOU MUST HAVE
• Associates degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or related technical degree; in lieu of degree will consider a high school diploma or GED and a minimum 2 years of hands-on experience working in a failure analysis lab.
• US citizenship is required, no dual citizenship, due to contractual requirement
• Familiarity with chemical handling, storage and safety precautions. Awareness of safe laboratory practices, including proper procedures for handling, storage and disposal of strong acids, bases, volatile solvents, toxic chemicals; and an understanding of their hazards.
• Ability to interpret specifications and schematics
• Attention to detail, highly organized and able to multi-task
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of oscilloscopes, curve tracers, and multi-meters
• Experience with cross-sectioning and chemical de-processing
• Working knowledge of electronic circuitry and components, including capacitors, resistors, transistors, inductors, crystals, transformers, relays and LEDs.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
• Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
• Ability to cope with high demand environment where priorities change frequently and many jobs are being worked at the same time
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify