PDS Tech is seeking a Aircraft Prep Trainee for an open position in Savannah, GA.
In your role, you will:
The A/C Prep Trainee works along side higher level employees to assist with the preparation and painting of aircraft. Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Functions:
1. Assists in the preparation of the exterior surfaces of aircraft for application of primer and topcoat. Use various masking materials to protect windows, external probes, antennas, and other required areas. Sand and wash the aircraft surface as directed. 2. Assist with and applies corrosion preventative materials to the aircraft. 3. Apply primer and sanding surfacer to aircraft. 4. Uses tools to sand primer and sanding surfacer in preparation for base coat. 5. Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Use (PTP) to ensure aircraft interior is protected. Additional Functions:
1. Properly care for shop equipment and tools as assigned. 2. Comply with Paint shop standard practices. 3. Perform other duties as required.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
A high school diploma or GED. Paint experience in a technical environment or trade school preferred. See Other Requirements in Job Description.Other Requirements:
1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. 2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation. 3. Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification. 4. Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft painting process. 5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces, and able to lift up to 40 pounds. 6. Experience may be offset by completion of Technical Certificate in paint and refinishing and/or successful completion in current year youth apprenticeship program, in area of expertise.
Must be able to work well with a team and be willing to work different shifts when required
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify