Software Engineer to work in a team environment to redesign/re-write, test, and document software for a new generation of automated test equipment used to perform system functional testing of Boeing 737 airplanes. Software will be developed sequentially for three different ATE systems, with commonality to the extent possible. Software will generally be written in C# and running on Windows OS with complexity on the order of 50,000 lines of code. Existing software is a mix of C#, National Instruments LabWindows C for Virtual Instrumentation (CVI), and some Visual Basic.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
• Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or
PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of
study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
• Strong background and expertise with C# development and Visual Studio
• Experience developing object-oriented applications using .NET framework design patterns
• Experience participating in Agile software development teams
• Experience using Git and GitLab or GitHub
• Software development experience including communication with hardware APIs
• Experience in data acquisition and control.
• Ability to read electrical schematic diagrams to understand airplane interface requirements
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
• Experience in National Instruments LabWindows CVI and/or Visual Basic 6
• Experience in PXI, PCI, VXI, IEEE-488, RS-485, CAN bus instrumentation
• Familiarity with Microsoft Access and SQL Server
• Experience in avionics data busses such as ARINC 429
• Proficiency in Microsoft products (Windows, Office, Project, Visual Studio, etc.)
• Experience configuring Windows 10 user profiles for security considerations
• Experience configuring computer networking for DHCP, private network, and proxy servers
• Computer aided design (CAD) with AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor or Catia
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify