PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Design and Analysis Engineer in Long Beach, CA.
• Leads works with customers and suppliers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
• Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
• Leads work to test and validates hardware/software to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
• Perform lab integration testing as required.
• Participate in airplane ground and flight tests as required.
• Provide in-service technical support and troubleshooting to airlines and modification sites.
• Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
• Solves problems and provides support of hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
• Researches innovative technologies for potential application to company business needs.
• Position requires close coordination and teaming with other internal and external Engineering teams.
• Mentoring and training new employees.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
• Analytical Skills (Technical)
o Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
• Certification & Qualification
o Knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures (e.g. DO-160 and D6 requirements), including knowledge of governing regulations and compliance requirements. Ability to assess and document test or analysis data to show compliance.
• Circuit Design
o Knowledge of analog and digital circuit design and packaging techniques.
o Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to electrical/electronic design (e.g., wire harness design, grounding and shielding design techniques, lightning protection).
• Hardware/Software Development
o Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., C#, Java, Java 2 Enterprise and Mobile Editions (J2EE, J2ME), C++, Visual Basic, C, Assembly, Ladder Logic, Numerical Control (NC) Programming, Matlab).
o Knowledge of communications, networking, and protocols (e.g., Transport Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Extensible Mark-up Language (XML), Wireless Access Protocol (WAP)).
o Knowledge of computing equipment and its operating systems (e.g., Windows, UNIX, Linux). Knowledge of software development and testing tools (e.g., editors, compilers, linkers, desktop simulations, configuration management tools, requirements management tools) capability and usage.
o Ability to apply knowledge of database engines to the design of databases and reporting structures.
o Ability to integrate hardware and software components into a functional system.
o Knowledge of software testing and usability theory.
o Knowledge of testing, usability practices.
o Ability to write and execute test scripts and perform usability analyses.
o Knowledge and understanding of Connectivity and In-flight Entertainment (IFE) systems for commercial airplanes.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify