PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer, in Windsor Locks, CT.This position is part time 30 hours a week
The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, flexible, possess a positive attitude and be eager to apply and expand their engineering skills in a highly ethical manner while supporting the Integrated Product Development Team model in which he or she will have overall accountability to ensure products are manufactured to meet engineering requirements, program budgets, and program schedules through performing the following specific activities:
- Mentor Manufacturing Engineering associates on instilling a Design to Cost mind-set and work to stream line the delivery of manufacturing assembly documentation as well as its use by our lab personnel.
- Develop the specific methods and instructions for manufacture and/or assembly of products.
- Determine manufacturing feasibility to: Identify potential fabrication problems, Draw attention to special fabrication requirements and Ensure the latest developments in manufacturing technology are considered in the design phase.
- Establish design inherent cost targets which reflect hardware target cost.
- The Manufacturing Engineer works with the design team to insure that the proposed design is within the allowable cost.
- Participate in cost proposals by estimating Manufacturing Engineering tasks, tooling costs and developing manufacturing plans.
- Establish touch labor cost targets on shop/lab activities as requested.
- Define tool and gage requirements. Provide the necessary input and support to the tool design group.
- Ensure adequate tools and gages are available when needed in the process.
- Work with the Manufacturing Control Planner to establish the schedule for all Manufacturing Engineering and Assembly efforts.
- Provide support to all activities during the fabrication of the initial unit (first article) of each specific design to resolve processing problems.
- Review and implement engineering changes to determine feasibility, producibility and delta cost impact.
- Determine, implement and lead process improvement opportunities, business unit initiatives and corrective actions.
- Lead efforts to understand non-conformances and reduce Cost of Poor Quality.
- Lead 3P events, Value Stream Mapping events, and the implementation of Process Certification.
Education / Certifications:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a Technology Degree. 20+ years of experience required.
- Experience in determining manufacturing methods and writing manufacturing assembly documentation in order to assemble high quality, highly engineered hardware. Background courses in electrical design and/or manufacturing are desired.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and special processing, such as IPC-J-STD-001E/ES, NASA-STD-8739.1, and NASA-STD-8739.4, is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Continuous improvement methods (ACE or the DMAIC model) and demonstrated use of their tools is desirable.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify