PDS Tech has positions for Software Development Engineers, Parsippany, NJ 07054. Contact Elisabeth Laspe for details. 314-669-8020 firstname.lastname@example.org
6 month contract with possible extensions. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder to qualify. No C2C
DevOps engineer with continuous integration experience to help with automation of complex installations on multiple environments.
The candidate must be able to work in a Linux environment with previous experience programming in bash and python.
Experience configuring Jenkins jobs and Weblogic or other JEE application server experience highly desired./
• The EPS DevOps Engineering team is responsible for a large CI/CD Jenkins local environment that runs thousands of regression jobs per day across hundreds of Jenkins nodes. The team also uses Docker to deploy applications to multiple cloud environments (AWS, Oracle Cloud) to support integration testing, training and client testing
• The DevOps Engineer will work with the existing environment and help drive the transformation and modernization efforts to migrate and extend functions to the cloud.
• Migrating applications to a cloud environment requires experience deploying enterprise applications to cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or Oracle Cloud and proficiency with scripting and automation for those deployments.
• The ideal candidate will exhibit strong skills, will be forward thinking, will be self-motivated, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to work across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Design cloud solutions using Identity, Storage, Compute, Automation, and Networking features to support deployments of applications to the cloud.
• Maintain and enhance CI/CD internal Jenkins environment.
• Support developers, quality assurance and business analysts using the Jenkins environment.
• Support users and external clients working on applications deployed to the cloud environment.
• Work and continuously improve the DevOps pipeline and tooling to provide active management of the continuous integration/continuous deployment processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience and 4+ years of professional work experience in a similar field.
Job Related Experience:
• 2+ years experience deploying Java EE based applications in public/private/hybrid cloud environments.
• 2+ years experience in Automation/Continuous Integration preferably using Jenkins
• 3+ years solid experience working with Linux, writing shell scrips
• 2+ years solid experience working with Docker
• Programming experience with Python and Groovy/Java highly desired
• Experience working with Java application servers (Weblogic, WebSphere, JBoss)
• Concurrent Versioning Software (Git, GitHub, Mercurial)
• Expertise in one or more infrastructure subject areas of virtualization, security, networking, storage, monitoring.
• Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals.
• Ability to evaluate and prioritize work for expediting business value delivery over perfection.
• Ability to work efficiently and productively without direction or guidance
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify