PDS Tech is seeking enthusiastic research technicians (machinists) for our technical R&D team.
This team designs and machines devices to solve operational challenges. As part of the Advanced Technology R&D Team, you will directly support development of solutions that are critical to our client's business units. As a research technician, you will machine and assemble a variety of complex mechanical devices, working from initial prototype to final, deliverable product.
This position is an excellent opportunity to develop design skills and advance mechanical hands-on skills while being directly involved with current, high-priority projects. We have opportunities that cover the full spectrum of experience within this important technical specialty.
• Ability to work safely
• Proﬁciency with manual lathe and mill
• Understanding and application of machining fundamentals
• CNC programming and set-up experience (Mastercam, Haas, Okuma, Milltronics)
• Working knowledge of metals and other materials and their characteristics
• Motivated by a hands-on work environment
• Ability to think analytically and logically in troubleshooting technical problems
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to effectively interact with customers
• Effective written and oral communication skills are a necessity
• Strong computer skills
Potential areas of growth
• CAD design (Creo Parametric, formerly Pro/E)
• Multi-axis milling
• 3D printing/additive manufacturing
• Machining scientiﬁc alloys (Invar, Mu Metal, copper tungsten)
• Sheet metal fabrication
• Welding and brazing processes (Mig, tig, spot and arc)
• Carbon ﬁber and ﬁberglass layup
Currently enrolled/recent graduate of a machining program offered by an established technical institute or equivalent or 2 year technical degree/certiﬁcation or military training equivalent. In lieu of technical certiﬁcation, four years of related experience is required.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify