PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Ground Hardware Development Engineer (JPSS program) in Aurora, CO.The candidate will:
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Perform Hardware/Electrical Engineering design, analysis and testing of electronics and RF subsystems.
- Represent Hardware Engineering in development and evaluation of system architectures, designs, and interfaces that meet system specifications.
- Prepare and present hardware specifications and design analysis in program reviews.
- Participate in Trade Studies and Vendor/Product selection.
- Participate in engineering discipline process development and deployment on programs.
- Insure organizational processes are followed and create program specific work instructions when necessary.
- Support may also include working with other organizations, coordinating common and efficient cross-factory environments (both hardware and software), tools, process, and methods.
- Responsible for assisting in trouble shooting the Space to Ground Interface, including RF equipment and antennas
- Responsible for working with team members to resolve operational issues in an urgent manner
- Responsible to create design documentation, perform reviews with team members and vendors, and follow program and corporate process
- Responsible to work with the team to create System Operating Procedures
•BS degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in RF and Communications fields
•Experience with RF/Baseband and signal processing design, development, and hardware testing
•Experience with preparing statements that convey the fundamental characteristics of the design objective, creating and presenting reports
•Experience with writing and reviewing manuals, procedures, plans, specifications, engineering drawings and notebooks
•General knowledge of communication protocols, digital signal processing, RF signal types and levels
•General knowledge of common information system (computer) hardware interfaces
•Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point
•Must be familiar with Satellite Ground Station facilities and operations
•Periodic travel required to support upgrades at Ground Stations in CONUS and OCONUS
•U.S. Citizenship status is required. No clearance needed but needs to have ability to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC) to access government systems.
•Experience with VHDL, FPGA design and coding, firmware and embedded software
•Experience with analyzing system parameters to ensure requirements are met using analytical tools
•Experience with MATLAB
•Experience with performing trade studies, recommending solutions and identifying potential vendors
•Experience with developing bill of material required to produce product and initiate the purchasing process and monitor progress
•Experience with collecting and reporting time and material estimates based on requirements.
•Requires a degree in Science Technology Engineering or Math (STEM) with emphasis in RF design and a minimum of 4+ years of experience or 12 years experience in lieu of a degree
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details. To find one near you, take a look at where we are.
If you have questions, please click here to contact us.
PDS Tech, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please click here or call 1-800-270-4737 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Tech, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Tech, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Tech, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States.
For information please click on the following link: E-Verify